[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker and Stonith : passive node won't bring up resources

Mathieu Valois mvalois at teicee.com
Wed Jun 24 11:58:02 EDT 2015

Hi everybody,
I'm working with Pacemaker and Stonith for High-Availability with
2-nodes cluster (called here A and B). Both nodes have one IPMI as fence
device.

The deal is :

  * A is currently running resources
  * B is in passive mode

Then I plug off the supply of the A node. So every eth interfaces AND
IPMI on A are unavailable. Here comes the trick : B tries unsuccessfully
to bring A down, cause A's IPMI is unreachable. When N attempts have
been done, B gives up and brings itself to "Block" state (called IDLE in
the log file).

Here is my question : how can I force B to bring back resources even if
Stonith A fails ?

I understand the consequences (concurrent writes, etc ...), but I rather
like these compared to a service unavailable at all.

Thanks for the help :)

--

Mathieu VALOIS

Téïcée
Bureaux : 8, rue du long Douet / 14760 BRETTEVILLE-SUR-ODON
Siège social : 7, rue A. Kastler / 14000 CAEN
Tél : 02 72 34 13 20 - Fax : 02 31 43 55 04
mvalois at teicee.com
http://www.teicee.com