[ClusterLabs] Update on the Pacemaker 1.1.13 release

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Jun 22 14:12:22 UTC 2015

On 06/21/2015 10:17 PM, Digimer wrote:
> On 21/06/15 11:14 PM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>> Yet again I’ve been pulled into the world of OpenStack.
>>
>> The bad news is that I’ve not been able to give any attention to finalising the 1.1.13 release.
>> The good news is that a tonne of work has been going into the master branch for Pacemaker and Pacemaker Remote.
>>
>> I now have the task of getting that code stable for release in RHEL.
>>
>> Looking at the release branch, there have only been 4 patches since the last RC:
>>
>>   + cib: Correctly add "update-origin", "update-client" and "update-user" attributes for cib
>>   + pengine: cl#5130 - Only check the capacities of the nodes that are allowed to run the resource
>>   + xml: Correctly create v1 patchsets when deleting attributes
>>   + xml: Prevent potential use-of-NULL
>>
>> So it seems to be in pretty good shape.
>>

>> I see 2 main options at this point:
>>
>> 1. Tag what we have as 1.1.13 and start on a 1.1.14 release
>> 2. Restart the release 1.1.13 process with what is in master
>>
>> What would people prefer to happen?
>
> Might as well tag 1.1.13 and start on 1.1.14. Releases mark stable
> points in time, basically, and it sounds stable right now.

Agreed, people are getting accustomed to faster release cycles these
days, so getting 1.1.13 out the door now and 1.1.14 around the end of
the year would be great (or even earlier if features and fixes justify it).

Of course I hate that there's so much "good stuff" that won't make it
into 1.1.13 but that gives fodder for blog posts to whet appetites for
1.1.14.