[ClusterLabs] NFS Failover - client hangs

Marco Marino marino.mrc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 04:51:16 EDT 2015

Hi,
I'm building an nfs server with drbd and pacemaker on CentOS 6.5 and i have
some questions related to the failover. In my installation after a
simulated failover, clients hangs for a random time (between few seconds
and 140 seconds) before commands like "ls" or "touch" became responsive.
This happens also if I use nfsvers=3 on clients. Why this happens? How can
manage this case for reduce this time?
Following the guide on the linbit site ("Nfs on rhel 6") on chapter 11
there are some failover tests and it should works without this kind of
problems.

Thanks,
MM