[ClusterLabs] Setting n+1 cluster steps

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Wed Jun 17 15:10:25 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> Hi ,
>
> Thank you very much  for the information ..
>
> In each of my nodes the data base copy will be different  (used by some
> application)  . In case of failover of one node I want it to failover to
> other node with same data base copy  from failed node .
> Is it possible with pace maker to do achieve this ?

Yes, but every node has to keep a synchronized copy of every database.
Two common alternatives:

1. Set up master/slave resources for each database, where the slaves
use the database software's native replication to keep the data in sync.
If the master fails, Pacemaker will promote one of the slaves to be the
new master.

2. Set up shared storage, and run each database server on only one node.
This can be done via DRBD, a SAN or NAS, clustered filesystems, etc.
A variation of this would have the database server in a container or
virtual server running on the shared storage, and then have Pacemaker
manage the container or virtual server rather than the database server
directly.

Fencing must be configured in any case, to avoid the possibility of
data corruption in a split-brain situation.