[ClusterLabs] syntax question regarding pcs order sets

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Fri Jun 12 02:13:11 UTC 2015

On 10.06.2015 14:27, Tomas Jelinek wrote:
> Dne 10.6.2015 v 00:38 Dennis Jacobfeuerborn napsal(a):
>> Hi,
>> I'm not sure if I understand the syntax correctly for pcs order sets:
>>
>> pcs constraint order set resource1 resource2 [resourceN]... [options]
>> [set resourceX resourceY ... [options]] [setoptions [constraint_options]]
>>
>> What I'm confused by is the two lists of resources. Is this simply a way
>> to define several sets in one go or would there also exist an order
>> constraint between the two defined sets themselves?
>
> Hi Dennis,
> It allows you to specify more sets in one constraint. For better
> understanding how this works you can check out Pacemaker Explained:
> http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#s-resource-sets-ordering
>

> For example this command:
> pcs constraint order set A B sequential=false set C D sequential=true
> set E F sequential=false
> creates a constraint which is described in Example 6.11. and Figure 6.3.
> in Pacemaker Explained.

Ah, so these are multiple sets but it also implies a sequential ordering
among these sets.

So given my example: "drbd_clone:Master -> fs1 -> fs2 -> fs3"
Would this be the correct pcs syntax?

pcs constraint order set drbd_clone action=promote set fs1 fs2 fs3
action=start sequential=true

Regards,
  Dennis