[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Q: Use crm_simulate to simulate stopping maintenance mode?

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Jun 11 06:03:07 UTC 2015

Thanks Lars!

for the records: I thought I could do the thing in hawk of SLES11 SP3, but
that can do only the things crm_simulate can do _directly_; thus no maintenance
mode on.

Actually this is what I get before commit:
# crm
crm(live)# configure
crm(live)configure# property maintenance-mode=off
crm(live)configure# simulate nograph scores actions
WARNING: 2>&1 crm_simulate -x - -S -VVV -s | grep LogActions: | grep -vw Leave
exited with 1
crm(live)configure#

So this means "nothing will happen"? Or does it mean the command failed?

Regards,
Ulrich

>>> Lars Ellenberg <lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> schrieb am 10.06.2015 um 21:50
in
Nachricht <20150610195028.GC7381 at soda.linbit>:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 03:01:30PM +0200, Ulrich Windl wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I wonder: A system is running in maintenance mode. Before disabling
>> maintenance-mode, I'd like to make sure that no node will be fenced as
>> one of the first actions. Is it possible to find out what will happen
>> when maintenance mode is turned off? If so, how? ;-)
>

> crm configure
> crm(live)configure# property maintenance-mode=off
> crm(live)configure# simulate nograph scores actions
> crm(live)configure# commit
>
> which does the equivalent of
> cibadmin -Q |
> sed -e
"$some_magic_sed_expression_to_change_or_add_maintenance_mode_setting"