[ClusterLabs] Possbile cause of long down time of shared IP during manual failover.

Akira Miyazaki akira.miyazaki at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 20:59:36 EDT 2015

Hi all,
I'm not familiar with pacemaker and corosync.
And since it's first time to post here, I'm not sure if I may ask my
question here.
It maight be primitive question.
Please let me know if I should ask at other place.

My questions is for manual failover of shared IP.

I have a test environments which share an IP by pacemaker and corosync.
It's almost no load.
Now I'm testing manual failover of Shared IP repeatedly.

Env:
pacemaker-1.1.6.1
corosync-1.4.4-3

The downtime of the Shared IP is just a couple of seconds normally.
But I sometimes encounter long down time when doing manual failover of
shared IP.
It takes about 90 sec.

Question:
Does anyone know possbile cause why such adowntime of Shared IP happen
during manual failover?

Regards,

Akira