[ClusterLabs] Q: "migrating a clone" with crm shell

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Jun 2 13:41:45 UTC 2015

On 06/02/2015 03:02 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a globally-unique="false" interleave="true"  clone running on two nodes. For a software upgrade I want to disable the rsource on the node to be updated. There fore I tried "crm resource migrate my_clone PT10M", which did not work:
>
> --
> Resource 'my_clone' not moved: active in 2 locations.
> You can prevent 'my_clone' from running on a specific location with: --ban --host <name>
> Error performing operation: Invalid argument
> --

globally-unique="false" means that all clone instances are equivalent,
and only one instance is ever needed on any one node. So there's no
logical meaning to migrating such a clone. You can stop it on any node
any time (e.g. by putting the node in standby, which you'd probably do
for an upgrade anyway).

If each clone instance handles a different range of input, so that more
than one instance can run on a single node, then you want
globally-unique="true".