[ClusterLabs] Q: "migrating a clone" with crm shell

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Jun 2 03:02:09 EDT 2015

Hi!

I have a globally-unique="false" interleave="true"  clone running on two nodes. For a software upgrade I want to disable the rsource on the node to be updated. There fore I tried "crm resource migrate my_clone PT10M", which did not work:

--
Resource 'my_clone' not moved: active in 2 locations.
You can prevent 'my_clone' from running on a specific location with: --ban --host <name>

I couldn't quite find out what the right command should be, especially as the "help migrate" says:
--
crm(live)resource# help migrate

Migrate a resource to a different node. If node is left out, the
resource is migrated by creating a constraint which prevents it from
running on the current node. Additionally, you may specify a
lifetime for the constraint---once it expires, the location
constraint will no longer be active.

Usage:

I tried " crm resource migrate --ban --host active_node_name my_clone PT10M", but that triggers a syntax error:
--
--

How should I "temporarily shutdown" the resource of the clone on one node?

Regards,
Ulrich