[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: corosync eats the whole CPU core in epoll_wait() on one node in cluster

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Jun 2 06:17:07 UTC 2015

>>> Jan Friesse <jfriesse at redhat.com> schrieb am 01.06.2015 um 16:20 in Nachricht
<556C6A19.5080007 at redhat.com>:

[...you cut the part where it seems like polling an invalid file descriptor...]

> strace of pacemakerd shows absolutely normal.

[...]

If you wait for I/O on an invalid file dewcriptior, you can busy the CPU quite easily. Usually this is the case where querying ERRNO to quit a loop helps ;-)

Not saying I diagnosed the proplem correctly, but that was my first impression.

Regards,
Ulrich