[ClusterLabs] [Linux-HA] file system resource becomes inaccesible when any of the node goes down

Muhammad Sharfuddin M.Sharfuddin at nds.com.pk
Mon Jul 6 11:56:17 EDT 2015

On 07/06/2015 07:04 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 03:14:34PM +0500, Muhammad Sharfuddin wrote:
>> On 07/06/2015 02:50 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Before the failing node gets fenced you won't be able to use the
>>> ocfs2 filesystem. In this case, the fencing operation takes 40
>>> seconds:
>> so its expected.
>>> You may want to reduce that sbd timeout.
>> Ok, so reducing the sbd timeout(or msgwait) would provide the
>> uninterrupted access to the ocfs2 file system on the
>> surviving/online node ?
>> or would it just minimize the downtime ?
> Only the latter. But note that it is important that once sbd
> reports success, the target node is really down. sbd is
> timeout-based, i.e. it doesn't test whether the node actually
> left. Hence this timeout shouldn't be too short.

Hmm, by the way for watchdog and msgwait timeout values, I always
blindly follow the suggested values @
https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7011346
and the Suggested value there is 20 for watchdog, and 40 for msgwait.

I'll check the setup after reducing the timeout of watchdog to 10 and
msgwait to 20

> Thanks,
>
> Dejan
>
>>> Thanks,