[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker failover failure

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Wed Jul 1 10:25:34 EDT 2015

On 07/01/2015 08:57 AM, alex austin wrote:
> I have now configured stonith-enabled=true. What device should I use for
> fencing given the fact that it's a virtual machine but I don't have access
> to its configuration. would fence_pcmk do? if so, what parameters should I
> configure for it to work properly?

No, fence_pcmk is not for using in pacemaker, but for using in RHEL6's
CMAN to redirect its fencing requests to pacemaker.

For a virtual machine, ideally you'd use fence_virtd running on the
physical host, but I'm guessing from your comment that you can't do
that. Does whoever provides your VM also provide an API for controlling
it (starting/stopping/rebooting)?

Regarding your original problem, it sounds like the surviving node
doesn't have quorum. What version of corosync are you using? If you're
using corosync 2, you need "two_node: 1" in corosync.conf, in addition
to configuring fencing in pacemaker.