[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker failover failure

alex austin alexixalex at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 07:42:04 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I have configured a virtual ip and redis in master-slave with corosync
pacemaker. If redis fails, then the failover is successful, and redis gets
promoted on the other node. However if pacemaker itself fails on the active
node, the failover is not performed. Is there anything I missed in the
configuration?

Here's my configuration (i have hashed the ip address out):

node host1.com

node host2.com

primitive ClusterIP IPaddr2 \

params ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx cidr_netmask=23 \

op monitor interval=1s timeout=20s \

op start interval=0 timeout=20s \

op stop interval=0 timeout=20s \

meta is-managed=true target-role=Started resource-stickiness=500

primitive redis redis \

meta target-role=Master is-managed=true \

op monitor interval=1s role=Master timeout=5s on-fail=restart

ms redis_clone redis \

meta notify=true is-managed=true ordered=false interleave=false
globally-unique=false target-role=Master migration-threshold=1

colocation ClusterIP-on-redis inf: ClusterIP redis_clone:Master

colocation ip-on-redis inf: ClusterIP redis_clone:Master

property cib-bootstrap-options: \

dc-version=1.1.11-97629de \

cluster-infrastructure="classic openais (with plugin)" \

expected-quorum-votes=2 \

stonith-enabled=false

property redis_replication: \

redis_REPL_INFO=host.com