[ClusterLabs] [OCF] Overhaul of the OCF resource agent api spec

Lars Ellenberg lars+ocf at linbit.com
Tue Feb 10 22:18:32 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 02:40:48PM -0700, Alan Robertson wrote:
> On 02/10/2015 02:09 PM, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 09:44:40PM +0100, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> >

> > * UI hints
> >
> >   - "relevance level"
> >     that's a UI hint to present this parameter in the default "view", or
> >     possibly hide it even in an "extended view", unless you work under
> >     the "I am a control freak and need to manually set every possible
> >     parameter"-switch.
> >
> Maybe a better phrase would be "advanced".  Meaning the kind of thing
> that you press the "advanced" button to get access to.

The forthcoming not yet published (afaik) Red Hat gui work apparently
has some implementation of this, I'm not sure what levels they use already.

I would suggest this initial set of levels:

For backward compatibility, not specified needs to be the same as
the explicitly set "default priority" level.
     (or any shorter, more suitable term)

     -> always present these.

     Potentially filter out those that have default values,
     and present those only on request (behind a "shade" in a GUI,
     only after hitting <tab> a number of times in crmsh)

Any of these without sensible default value obviously is "required",
and needs to be presented.

Then in increasing "need more clicks to be reached" depths,

 "advanced", "expert", and "control freak"
 (or any of "detail/consultant/maintainer/developer" if you prefer).

All parameters with higher UI priority levels must have a default.

I'm unsure if we actually want four levels, but I think only two
(default/advanced) would not be enough.

	Lars