[ClusterLabs] [Pacemaker] Beginner | Resources stuck unloading

Tyler Hampton dr.frankinfurter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 19:20:35 EST 2015

>But generally, stonith-enabled=false can lead to error recovery problems
and make trouble harder to diagnose. If you can take the time to get
stonith working, it should at least stop your first problem from causing
further problems.

Yeah, I feel like a lot of my post-failover cluster state is because I
haven't implemented fencing yet. They're VMs running on a Proxmox instance
and I was hoping to get a proof of concept of fail over working before I
implemented STONITH. I'm mostly figuring out how to recover cluster state
at the moment.

>If you're using corosync 2, you can set "two_node: 1" in corosync.conf,
and delete the no-quorum-policy=ignore setting in Pacemaker. It won't
make a huge difference, but corosync 2 can handle it better now.

I'll look into doing this. I am running Corosync 2 and Pacemaker 1.1.10 as
per what is provided via Ubuntu 14.04's repositories.

>If you are doing a planned failover, a better way would be to put the
node into standby mode first, then stop pacemaker.

Yeah, figured this out later. I had a higher success rate with failing over
resources.

Right now it's just so difficult to get the cluster back to two online
nodes with one node running resources. I've tried a ground zero approach
where I kill every process and every service Pacemaker is supposed to
handle and then start up everything again. I've tried clearing node state
and this and that but I get a lot of NODE: OFFLINE and crmd refusing to
stop itself. There are a lot of tutorials around getting stuff running but
not a lot of guides on when your cluster is fubar.

Thanks so much for your advice.