[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: design of a two-node cluster

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Tue Dec 8 07:10:03 EST 2015

Ulrich wrote:

> am
> 09:13 in Nachricht <00a901d13190$5c6db3c0$15491b40$@helmholtz-
> muenchen.de>:

> between
> >> the
> use

> >> Yes, we use DRBD to replicate the storage and use the /dev/drbdX
> >> device as the clustered LVM PV. We have one VG for the space (could
> >> add a new DRBD resource later if needed...) and then create a
> >> dedicated LV per VM.
> >> We have, as I mentioned, one small LV formatted with gfs2 where we
> >> store the VM's XML files (so that any change made to a VM is
> >> immediately available to all nodes.
> >>

> > How can i migrate my current vm's ? They are stored in raw files (one
> > or two).
> > How do I transfer them to a naked lv ?
>
> For migration the image must be available on both nodes (thus gfs2).

Hi Ulrich,

the migration i meant is the transition from my current setup (virtual
machines in raw files in a partition with filesystem) to the one
anticipated in the cluster (virtual machines in blank logical volumes
without fs). How can I do that ? And can I expand my disks in the vm
afterwards if necessary ?
But the "other" migration (live-migration of vm's) is of course also
interesting. Digimer wrote if I have my vm in a blank logical volume
without fs, which is placed on a SAN, I can live-migrate because the
process of live-migration takes care about the access to the lv and I
don't need a cluster fs, just cLVM.

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Dr. Nikolaus Blum, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671