[ClusterLabs] Help required for N+1 redundancy setup

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Dec 3 13:04:47 EST 2015

On 12/03/2015 05:23 AM, Nikhil Utane wrote:
> Ken,
>
> One more question, if i have to propagate configuration changes between the
> nodes then is cpg (closed process group) the right way?
> For e.g.
> Active Node1 has config A=1, B=2
> Active Node2 has config A=3, B=4
> Standby Node needs to have configuration for all the nodes such that
> whichever goes down, it comes up with those values.
> Here configuration is not static but can be updated at run-time.

Being unfamiliar with the specifics of your case, I can't say what the
best approach is, but it sounds like you will need to write a custom OCF
resource agent to manage your service.

A resource agent is similar to an init script:
http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-pcs/html-single/Pacemaker_Explained/index.html#ap-ocf

The RA will start the service with the appropriate configuration. It can
use per-resource options configured in pacemaker or external information
to do that.

How does your service get its configuration currently?

> BTW, I'm little confused between OpenAIS and Corosync. For my purpose I
> should be able to use either, right?

Corosync started out as a subset of OpenAIS, optimized for use with
Pacemaker. Corosync 2 is now the preferred membership layer for
Pacemaker for most uses, though other layers are still supported.