[ClusterLabs] Running 'pcs status' cmd on remote node

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 11:37:36 EST 2015

On 12/02/2015 06:21 AM, Simon Lawrence wrote:

> In my 2 node test cluster, one node is a physical server (running
> Pacemaker 1.1.13), the other is a VM on that server, configured as a
> Pacemaker remote node (v1.1.13).
>
> I get the correct output if I run crm_mon & pcs config on the remote
> node, but if I run 'pcs status' I get....
>
> # pcs status
> Cluster name: test
> Error: unable to get list of pacemaker nodes
>

> Is this normal or should the command work on a remote node?

That's expected. Not all command-line tools are supported when run on
Pacemaker Remote nodes. In this case, "pcs status" is doing "crm_node
-l" which is not yet supported.

The primary design goal was to enable commands known to be used by
resource agents. Enabling all commands is a goal for future versions.