[ClusterLabs] Regarding IP tables and IP Address clone

Somanaththilak jeeva thilak.jst at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 13:47:25 UTC 2015

> Am Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2015, 12:28:06 schrieb Ulrich Windl:

>* >>> 06:01 in*

>* > Hi ,*

>* > *

>* > Thanks for the quick reply.*

>* > *

>* > I will check with our IT team regarding the multicast MAC at switch level.*

>* > *

>* > But the Virtual IP is reachable for 15 minutes or so after I start the*

>* > pacemaker/Corosync service. After which it becomes unreachable. However*

>* > when I restart the iptables service it becomes reachable again for*

>* > another 15 min.*

>* It could be some ARP cache problem. Maybe watch it.*

> Please check the ARP tables of your switches / routers. IP address clones use

> multicast MAC addresses for the unicast IP address. Some switches (esp Cisco)

> do not like that. You would have to configure the MAC addresses manually.

Do I have to configure this MAC address manually at switch level?. The
Multicast MAC was automatically added in the iptables after started
the pacemaker/Corosync service.

# service iptables status

Table: filter

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

num  target     prot opt source               destination

1    CLUSTERIP  all  --  0.0.0.0/0            10.61.150.55
CLUSTERIP hashmode=sourceip clustermac=51:33:83:16:0A:BF total_nodes=2
local_node=1 hash_init=0

2    ACCEPT     all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

num  target     prot opt source               destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

num  target     prot opt source               destination

1    ACCEPT     all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0

--
With Regards
Somanath Thilak.J