[ClusterLabs] Need help for specific resource manipulation

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Dec 15 10:34:25 EST 2015

Hi!

I have two scenarios where I could need help from the experts:

1) For a master/slave resource, is it possible to stop just the master or slave (and let the cluster do the recovery)? For clone resources the failed operations get suffixes like ":0", ":1", ... Would it work with master/slave also? (SLES11 SP4)

2) In a three-node cluster with nodes (O1, O2, N3), node N3 has a somewhat newer CPU than the O1 and O2 nodes (which have identical CPUs). There is a problem with Xen PVMs: If a PVM is created on one of the older nodes, it can be live migrated from old to new and back; however if the PVM is created on N3, live migration to the older nodes fails, and the resource is effectively destroyed hard and then restarted by the cluster (a service request is in progress already).
Thus my question: Can I formulate location preferences that say a PVM should not be created on N3, but can be migrated to N3 once it has been started? Obviously any plain location constraint won't do that.

Regards,
Ulrich