[ClusterLabs] VG activation on Active/Passive

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 14:51:06 EDT 2015

On 08/29/2015 02:37 PM, Digimer wrote:
> No need for clustered LVM, only the active node should see the PV. When
> the passive takes over, after connecting to the PV, it should do a
> pvscan -> vgscan -> lvscan before mounting the FS on the LV.
>
> Keep you cluster simple; remove everything not needed.

Hi Digimer,

It would be great if my cluster could communicate with the storage-array
to make it "present" or "unpresent" LUNs based on the cluster conditions
but I'm afraid that's not possible :)  So yes, these are LUNs that are
visible on both nodes.

I'm the one who asked you something regarding cLVM on IRC the other day
(one of the many times you have helped me there) and I decided to go the
cLVM/DLM route (because the LUNs are seen on both nodes) but now I have
my issues with this VG activation.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jorge