[ClusterLabs] [Slightly OT] OCFS2 over LVM

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 07:55:15 EDT 2015

On 08/24/2015 06:52 AM, Kai Dupke wrote:
> Not sure what you want to run on top of your 2-node cluster, but OCFS2
> is only needed when you need a shared file system.

This is for an application that manages the high-availability by itself
(in an active/active fashion) and the only thing that's needed from the
OS is a shared filesystem.  I quickly thought about NFS but then the
reliability of the NFS server was questioned etc.  I could create an NFS
cluster for that but that will be two more servers.  You get the idea.

I'm still googling "NFSv4 vs OCFS2"....  If anyone here have experience
(going from one to the other) I'd like to hear it.

> For plain failover with volumes managed by cLVM you don't need OCFS2
> (and can save one level of complexity).

This is my first time using a cluster filesystem and indeed I get it:
there's lots of things to be taken care of & many possible ways to break it.

Thanks,
Jorge