[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: Delayed first monitoring

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Aug 13 04:35:43 EDT 2015

>>> Miloš Kozák <milos.kozak at lejmr.com> schrieb am 13.08.2015 um 09:01 in
Nachricht
<55CC40B1.7090904 at lejmr.com>:
> However,
>   this does not make sense at all. Presumably, the pacemaker should get
> along with lsb scripts which comes from system repository, right?

I don't think pacemaker is a technology to handle broken start scripts.
Beining able to use LSB scripts probably was there to manage something without
having an OCF RA for it, but we generally don't use LSB scripts for HA here.

> Therefore, there is not way how to modify lsb script because changes is
> lsb script erase after every package update.

That's double nonsense: Contact your support to get the scripts fixed. Despite
of that there is absolutely no reason not to copy the script under a different
name and fix that.

> I believe, the systematical approach is in introducing of delayed
> monitoring or something like this into Pacemaker. I quite wonder that
> nobody has come around this problem already?

Maybe because there's an apache RA?
# man -k apache | grep -i OCF
ocf_heartbeat_apache (7) - Manages an Apache Web server instance

Regards,
Ulrich