[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: [ClusterLabs Developers] Resource Agent language discussion

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Aug 10 02:22:08 EDT 2015

>>> Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr at dalibo.com> schrieb am 07.08.2015 um 17:14 in
Nachricht <20150807171439.796f2c9b at erg>:

[...]
> What should we do next? Should we spin off an "ocf-perl-common" module from
> our
> agent and feed it with such pieces ported from ocf-shellfuncs?

ocf-shellfuncs is just a pile of functions. Probably before proting that to Perl, one could think about a more logical structure.

Despite of that, there's more that just shellfuncs: In SLES11 I see "ocf-binaries" (problematic by principle). It does a little bit like this:
PATH="$PATH:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin"
PATH="$PATH:/usr/ucb"
: ${AWK:=gawk}
#...
: ${PING:=/bin/ping}

Just one question: Why does ping have a path and awk not?

There's also "ocf-directories", "ocf-rarun", "ocf-returncodes"...

Regards,
Ulrich