[ClusterLabs] fence-virtd reach remote server serial/VM channel/TCP

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 15:09:49 EDT 2015

On 02/08/15 16:30 +0200, Noel Kuntze wrote:
> I would like to know if it is possible for
> fence-virtd to realy a request from a client, which it
> received via serial, VM channel or TCP connection
> from an agent to another daemon, if the VM that should
> be fenced does not run on the same host as the contacted daemon.

First, it doesn't sound like very commendable or at least common setup
to have virtualized cluster nodes spread around multiple hosts.
When increasing the complexity of a deployment, new points of failure
can be introduced, defeating the purpose of HA.

Could you please share details of your use case?

To your question, it might (hypothetically) be doable if you manage to
put the guests on the first host together with the other host into
the same multicast-friendly network or will rely multicast packets
between those "remote" sides by other means.

Alternatively, you might implement such relying directly as
fence_virtd module (backend), possibly reusing some code from the
client side (fence_virt).

--
Jan (Poki)