[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Disabling resources and adding apache instances

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Aug 5 04:06:08 EDT 2015

>>> Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com> schrieb am 05.08.2015 um 09:07 in
Nachricht
<CAA91j0XsX3u6XnEXJTS1U9PcWPovrQwJhodQPVMSexoNUDbsgQ at mail.gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Vijay Partha <vijaysarathy94 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have 2 doubts.
>>
>> 1.) If i disable a resource and reboot the node, will the pacemaker restart
>> the service?
>
> What exactly "disable" means? There is no such operation in pacemaker.
>
>>  Or how can i stop the service and after rebooting the service
>> should be started automatically by pacemaker
>>

> Unfortunately pacemaker does not really provide any way to temporary
> stop resource. You can set target role to Stopped which will trigger

Actually it does: You can have time-based rules. If you add location constraints for a resource disallowing it to run anywhere for some time, I guess it will work ;-)

> resource stop. Then resource won't be started after reboot, because
> you told it to remain Stopped. Same applies to is-managed=false.
>
> If I'm wrong and it is possible I would be very interested to learn it.

Sometimes things happen that nobody can explain, unfortunately.

>> 2.) how to create apache instances in such a way that 1 instance runs in 1
>> node and another instance runs on the second node.
>>

> Just define two resources and set location constraints for each.

Regards,
Ulrich
P.S.: Thought of the day: Is there any reasonable use for a nuclear bomb? If not, why have one?
("We use it, because we have it" is not considered to be a valid answer)