[ClusterLabs] systemd: xxxx.service start request repeated too quickly

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Aug 4 09:57:09 EDT 2015

Andrei Borzenkov writes:

> Not sure I really understand the question. If service cannot run
> anyway, you can simply remove it from configuration. You can set
> target state to stopped. You can unmanage it. It all depends on what
> you are attempting to achieve.

I want pacemaker/corosync to give up automatically after a few failed
restarts rather that filling the disk with megabytes of syslog entries.
Also, I want to add some delay to the restart attempts so that systemd
does not complain about too quick restarts.  Now even if the mysql
database would become available, the service does not start, because
systemd tells that restart attempt by pacemaker/corosync is too quick.

-- Juha