[ClusterLabs] SLES 11 SP4 & csync2

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 11:55:01 UTC 2015

Hi Kai,

On 08/24/2015 06:49 AM, Kai Dupke wrote:
> SUSE provides Maintenance and Support. Warranty is difference world.

I was speaking figuratively :)

> This is in the same class as the cluster bootstrap tools. Sure you can
> do all of it manually, but why not use the one-command-each-node
> approach?

I did try out the bootstrap tools on my tests but decided against them
when I found out you couldn't specify Unicast...so you have to manually
edit corosync.conf for that.  For this reason the yast cluster module
worked better for me.

> OK, some are interested in the details, but most users just
> but most users just want a working cluster.

Yes, I'm in learning mode & that's why I like to know what's going on
behind the scenes.  I'm glad the Guide mentions both approaches: manual
& with the bootstrap scripts.

Thanks,
Jorge