[ClusterLabs] [Slightly OT] OCFS2 over LVM

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 14:13:35 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm still doing some tests on SLES 11 SP4 & I was trying to run
"mkfs.ocfs2" against a logical volume (with all infrastructure
ready: cLVM & DLM & o2cb) but it gives me errors while creating it.  If
I run it against a raw device (no LVM) it works.

Then I found this from an Oracle PDF:

"It is important to note that creating OCFS2 volumes on logical volumes
(LVM) is not supported. This is due to the fact that logical volumes are
not cluster aware and corruption of the OCFS2 file system may occur."

Can anyone please confirm if indeed OCFS2 won't work on top of LVM as of
today?  I found no mention of this in the HAE Guide (strange).

Thanks!
Jorge