[ClusterLabs] SLES 11 SP4 & csync2

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 17:07:34 UTC 2015

> Wrong question :) Of course you can do everything manually. The real
> question should be - will SUSE support installation done manually. If
> you do not care about support - sure, you do not need it.

That's a good point (SUSE support).  Ok, I played with the yast cluster
module (for initial cluster configuration) and noticed that, apart from
creating the corosync.conf file, it created:

- /etc/syconfig/pacemaker
- /etc/sysconfig/corosync

...so I must remind myself that this is not just Linux with
pacemaker/corosync & friends.  It's all that *on SUSE* so, "when in
Rome, do as Romands do" :)

I'll set it up then, in order not to break the warranty.  The HAE guide
also mentions about placing a call to csync2 in ~/.bash_logout which is
nice (so you don't forget).

> No, they manipulate CIB so this should be OK. But in real life there are
> always more files that should be kept in sync between cluster nodes,
> having tool to automate it is good.

Got it.  Thanks Andrei!

All the best,
Jorge