[ClusterLabs] Single quotes in values for 'crm resource <rsc> param set'

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Mon Aug 17 07:39:57 UTC 2015

Vladislav Bogdanov <bubble at hoster-ok.com> writes:

> Hi Kristoffer, all.
>
> Could you please look why I get error when trying to update valid
> resource value (which already has single quotes inside) with the
> slightly different one by running the command in the subject?
>
> It looks like is_value_sane() doesn't accept single quotes just because
> crmsh quotes all arguments to crm_resource with them. I need to pass a
> command-line with semicolons in one of parameters which is run with eval
> in the resource agent. Backslashed double-quoting does not work in this
> case, but single-quotes work fine.
>
> Could that be some-how fixed?

Well, first of all passing the command line through bash complicates
things, so if that's what is causing you trouble you could try writing
your command line to a file and passing it to crmsh using crm -f <file>.
Another option is using "crm -f -" and piping the command line into
crmsh.

If that doesn't help, it would help /me/ in figuring out just what the
problem is if you could give me an example of what the current value is
and what it is you are trying to set it to. :)

Thanks!
Kristoffer

--
// Kristoffer Grönlund