[ClusterLabs] circumstances under which resources become unmanaged

N, Ravikiran ravikiran.n at hp.com
Wed Aug 12 13:46:19 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I have a resource added to pacemaker called 'cmsd' whose state is getting to 'unmanaged FAILED' state.

Apart from manually changing the resource to unmanaged using "pcs resource unmanage cmsd" , I'm trying to understand under what all circumstances a resource can become unmanaged.. ?
I have not set any value for "multilple-active" field, which means by default it is set to "stop-start", and hence I believe the resource can never go to unmanaged if it finds the resource active on more than one node.

Also, it would be more helpful if anyone can point out to specific sections of the pacemaker manuals for the answer.

Regards,
Ravikiran