[ClusterLabs] Antw: CentOS 7 - Pacemaker - Problem with nfs-server and system

Stefan Bauer sb at plzk.de
Wed Aug 12 08:35:53 UTC 2015

Hi,

thank you for your reply. It seems to be a problem with the systemd unit files for nfs-server - specifically a timing issue.

[root at centos7-n1 ~]# systemctl list-unit-files --type=service | grep rpcbind
rpcbind.service                             static

rpcbind is set to static - should be started on demand by other units.

Invoking systemctl start nfs-server is pulling in rpcbind and nfs-lock

rpcbind is started - but nfs-lock is maybe trying to start too early:

Invoking manually systemctl start rpcbind and then systemctl start nfs-lock works within a second.

Invoking manually systemctl start rpcbind and then sytemctl start nfs-server works within a few seconds as well.

Invoking manually systemctl start nfs-server is only working randomly due to some timing issues.

My current workaround is to also start rpcbind by the cluster - just before nfsserver.

I also tried /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/nfsserver - it is capable of handling systemd systems but start nfs-lock and nfs-server manually - hence hit the same problem in my case.

Cheers,

Stefan