[ClusterLabs] Memory leak in crm_mon ?

Attila Megyeri amegyeri at minerva-soft.com
Mon Aug 10 03:33:35 EDT 2015

Hi!

We are building a new cluster on top of pacemaker/corosync and several times during the past days we noticed that "crm_mon -Af" used up all the memory+swap and caused high CPU usage. Killing the process solves the issue.

We are using the binary package versions available in the latest ubuntu trusty, namely:

crmsh                                                  1.2.5+hg1034-1ubuntu4
pacemaker                                        1.1.10+git20130802-1ubuntu2.3
pacemaker-cli-utils                        1.1.10+git20130802-1ubuntu2.3
corosync                                             2.3.3-1ubuntu1

Kernel is                                             3.13.0-46-generic

Looking back some "atop" data, the CPU went to 100% many times during the last couple of days, at various times, more often around midnight exaclty (strange).

08.05     14:00
08.06     21:41
08.07     00:00
08.07     00:00
08.08     00:00
08.09     06:27

Checked the corosync log and syslog, but did not find any correlation between the entries int he logs around the specific times.
For most of the time, the node running the crm_mon was the DC as well - not running any resources (e.g. a pairless node for quorum).

We have another running system, where everything works perfecly, whereas it is almost the same:

crmsh                                                  1.2.5+hg1034-1ubuntu4
pacemaker                                        1.1.10+git20130802-1ubuntu2.1
pacemaker-cli-utils                        1.1.10+git20130802-1ubuntu2.1
corosync                                             2.3.3-1ubuntu1

Kernel is                                             3.13.0-8-generic

Is this perhaps a known issue? Any hints?

Thanks!