[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Antw: pacemaker doesn't correctly handle a resource after time/date change

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Aug 10 06:13:40 UTC 2015

>>> Kostiantyn Ponomarenko <konstantin.ponomarenko at gmail.com> schrieb am 07.08.2015
um 16:43 in Nachricht
<CAEnTH0do6W8_eXTEVpUS6ehoBke7LiKtpPRAqpyARK7fwOu7dA at mail.gmail.com>:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> So the issue is:
>
> Having one node up and running, set time on the node backward to, say, 15
> min (generally more than 10 min), then do "stop" for a resource.
> That leads to the next - the cluster fails the resource once, then shows it
> as "started", but the resource actually remains "stopped".

I guess it's due to chronology saying the resource had been stopped 15 minutes before it was started. I still fail to see the use case for setting the time backwards while the cluster is up and running. Every cluster I know has the requirement of synchronized time. Synchronized time, in turn, implies that the time doesn't go backwards.

Some databases use sequence numbers instead of time stamps, but It wouldn't surprise me if there were some US patent on that ;-)