[ClusterLabs] systemd: xxxx.service start request repeated too quickly

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Aug 6 13:59:16 UTC 2015

Ken Gaillot writes:

> >> Also, I want to add some delay to the restart attempts so that systemd
> >> does not complain about too quick restarts.
> >
> > This is outside of pacemaker control. "Service respawning too rapidly"
> > means systemd itself attempts to restart it. You need to modify
> > service definition in systemd to either disable restart on failure
> > completely and let pacemaker manage it or at least add delay before
> > restarts. See man systemd.service, specifically RestartSec and Restart
> > parameters.

The service in question only has old an style init.d file inherited from
Debian Wheezy and I don't have in it any restart definition.  Based on
systemd.service man page, Restart value defaults to 'no'.  So I'm not
sure if it is systemd that is automatically restarting the service too
rapidly.

-- Juha