[ClusterLabs] Running pacemaker 1.1.13 with legacy plugin or heartbeat

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 12:37:56 EDT 2015

FYI to anyone running the legacy plugin or heartbeat as pacemaker's
communication layer:

Use-after-free memory issues can cause segfault crashes in the cib when
using pacemaker 1.1.13 with the legacy plugin. Heartbeat is likely to be
affected as well.

Clusters using CMAN or corosync 2 as the communication layer are not
affected.

if switching to CMAN or corosync 2 isn't an option for you, I strongly
recommend using a vendor that supports your communication layer, as they
are more likely to do thorough testing and provide fixes.

If anyone wants a targeted patch, I can provide one, but I would
recommend instead using the upstream master branch as of at least commit
0f8059e. That branch includes an overhaul of the affected code area, as
well as other bug fixes.