[ClusterLabs] NFS - Non Mirroring

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 16:53:40 UTC 2015

В Tue, 4 Aug 2015 15:54:53 +0000
"Streeter, Michelle N" <michelle.n.streeter at boeing.com> пишет:

> Oops and Clarification: I was wrong about the iscsi.   Its Serial over scsi or SAS.

It does not really matter. As long as both nodes can access the same
block device everything else is the same. So you can use any tutorial,
just replace reference to DRBD with your device nodes and skip setup
related to DRBD, assume device nodes exist.

> Saw some stuff using exportfs but the nfs-kernel-? Seemed to be an older implementation

nfsserver is effectively active/passive - one node starts NFS server and
exports everything, another node waits to takeover. exportfs allows
active/active setup where each node exports different filesystems.
But exportfs does not allow transfer of locks between nodes, so it
could affect some client applications.