[ClusterLabs] Cluster.conf to cib.xml

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Mon Aug 3 09:51:31 EDT 2015

On 31/07/15 16:44 -0400, Digimer wrote:
> On 31/07/15 04:26 PM, Streeter, Michelle N wrote:
>> The previous administrator setup our cluster using  the cman version and
>> the cluster.conf file.   I we want to upgrade to pacemaker 1.9 on our
>> rhel 6.6 and so I have been testing this upgrade.   But I noticed that
>> the cib.xml does not reflect what we have in the cluster.conf file.   Is
>> there a tool or something to port the configuration to the cib?
>
>   There is a pretty significant change from cman/rgmanager to pacemaker,
> and the cluster.conf doesn't map 1:1. That said, Jan Pokorný from Red
> Hat has been working on a project called 'clufter' that aims to assist
> this transition:
>
> https://github.com/jnpkrn/clufter

^ should cover most of the conversion process, but indeed, some manual
steps such as recreating surrounding environment (networking, mounts,
resources configuration beyond what one sets directly in respective
cluster-side configuration) are still needed.  It's here simply to ease
the most boring (i.e., automatization-friendly) part.

I would suggest using the version available in RHEL 6.7 release (as of
few days back) if possible, or the latest version packaged in Fedora.

Looking forward to any sort of feedback.

--
Jan (Poki)