[ClusterLabs] Need information for N+M clustering using Pacemaker

Sayed Mujtaba mujtaba at riversilica.com
Fri Apr 17 08:53:08 EDT 2015

Hi all,

Any idea for my requirement?

Thanks
-Mujtaba

-----Original Message-----
From: Sayed Mujtaba [mailto:mujtaba at riversilica.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2015 7:10 PM
To: 'kgaillot at redhat.com'; 'Cluster Labs - All topics related to open-source
clustering welcomed'
Subject: RE: [ClusterLabs] Need information for N+M clustering using
Pacemaker

Hi ,

Initially My requirement is as below ,

To start with 3+1   (3 active and 1 backup/passive node)

 a) Total 3 number of Active servers

 b)Each of 3  nodes needs to have different MySQL data bases which needs to
be replicated  (All applications will remain same but data base will get
changed in all 3 active nodes)

c)When out of these 3 nodes  if any node  fails it has to start all
resources on backup/passive node with  the data base of that particular
failed node

Here tricky thing is that all the 3 active servers will be having different
data bases and  when failover happens How it will  start the right data base
in case of failure ?

I know DRBD will replicate the whole data but I just want to replicate only
data base and start the right data base in case of failover .Any better
solution?

Thanks
-Mujtaba