[ClusterLabs] RHEL 6.4 - CIB did not pass DTD/schema validation

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Sun Apr 26 20:48:19 UTC 2015

> On 23 Apr 2015, at 6:34 pm, Marcio Vitor <marciovitormatos at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> I"m facing a frustracting issue while trying to setup a new CMAN Corosync Pacemaker installation.
>
> I'm following the RHEL quickstart and when I try to disable stonith I cannot acceess the cib [1].   I tried to run the verify and I got a message saying that the 'CIB did not pass DTD/schema validation' [2]. Then I tried to edit attribute validate-with .  No success yet [3].
>
> I see no errors on /var/log/pacemaker.log  and corosync.log.
>
> Does anyone has any advice ? Any tip is welcome. I'm an Oracle DBA trying to setup a MySQL DRBD Cluster during weeks in a server without access to the internet and that has not been a easy task so far. Selinux and iptables are disabled
>
> PS: Before I face this issue I was facing issues with the cib configuration schema (Update does not conform to the configured schema)  [4]. I followed an advice from #clusterlabs irc channel and moved out /usr/share/pacemaker/pacemaker-2.3.rng. That allowed to start Pacemaker without errors.
>
> I'm using below packages:
> [root at server1 cib]# rpm -qa | grep pacemaker
> pacemaker-cts-1.1.12-4.el6.x86_64
> pacemaker-cluster-libs-1.1.12-4.el6.x86_64
> pacemaker-1.1.12-4.el6.x86_64
> pacemaker-libs-1.1.12-4.el6.x86_64
> pacemaker-cli-1.1.12-4.el6.x86_64
> pacemaker-remote-1.1.12-4.el6.x86_64
> root at server1 cib]# rpm -qa | grep crm
> crmsh-test-2.1-1.2.x86_64
> crmsh-2.1-1.2.x86_64
> [root at server1 cib]# rpm -qa | grep cman
> cman-3.0.12.1-68.el6.x86_64
> root at server1 cib]# rpm -qa | grep corosync
> corosync-1.4.7-1.el6.x86_64
> corosynclib-devel-1.4.7-1.el6.x86_64
> corosynclib-1.4.7-1.el6.x86_64
>
> Sorry If I miss something I'm working on this for many many hours.
>

> [1]
> [root at server1 Redhat repo]# pcs property set stonith-enabled=false
> Apr 23 02:30:44 server1 pengine[10896]:   notice: crm_add_logfile: Additional logging available in /var/log/pacemaker.log
> Apr 23 02:30:44 server1 cibadmin[10898]:   notice: crm_log_args: Invoked: /usr/sbin/cibadmin --replace -o configuration -V --xml-pipe
>
> Error: Unable to update cib
> Call cib_replace failed (-62): Timer expired

I will certainly concede that "Timer expired” isn’t a very helpful error, however based on:

Apr 23 03:13:43 server1 cib[11920]:    error: cib_process_request: Operation ignored, cluster configuration is invalid. Please repair and restart: Update does not conform to the configured schema

I can say that you are getting it because the _current_ contents is invalid.
What does /var/lib/pacemaker/cib/cib.xml 'cibadmin -Ql’ show?