[ClusterLabs] principal questions to a two-node cluster

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Mon Apr 20 09:23:28 EDT 2015

Hi,

we'd like to create a two-node cluster for our services (web, database, virtual machines). We will have two servers and a shared fiberchannel SAN. What would you do e.g. with the content of the webpages we offer ? Put them on the SAN so we don't need to synchronize them between the two nodes ? Also the database and the vm's on the SAN ? Which fs would you recommend for the SAN volumes ? OCFS2 ? Can I mount the same volume on each node contemporarily ? Or do I have to use the ocfs2 as a resource managed by pacemaker, so that the volume is only mounted if it is necessary ?

Thanks for any hint.

Bernd

--
Bernd Lentes

Systemadministration
Institut für Entwicklungsgenetik
Gebäude 35.34 - Raum 208
HelmholtzZentrum münchen
bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
phone: +49 89 3187 1241
fax:   +49 89 3187 2294
http://www.helmholtz-muenchen.de/idg

Je suis Charlie

Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir´in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Günther Wess, Dr. Nikolaus Blum, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671