[Pacemaker] Centos 70->71 update fails with "Application of an update diff failed (rc=-206)"

Patrick Zwahlen paz at navixia.com
Mon Apr 27 04:35:10 EDT 2015

> Apart from those scary logs, does anything actually break?
> What your seeing is probably just ignorable noise from the older version
> - I would expect the underlying cib to resolve things correctly.

Thanks Andrew for the response.

After starting the new 1.1.12 and trying to migrate my resources, I ended up
with groups stuck "halfway" with some resources stopped on the old node and
no migration (apparently without errors from my RA).

This WE I tried another route, as I finally found how to upgrade *just*
corosync/pacemaker (without the whole OS).

- enter maintenance
- "pcs cluser stop --all"
- "yum update corosync pacemaker libqb resource-agents pcs"
- "pcs cluser start --all"
- exit maintenance

I initially just did a "yum update corosync pacemaker" and then pacemaker
didn't start. I was missing libqb but I also think there a dependency
missing somewhere in the RPMs, as libqb should get updated as well.

Anyway, I have been able to migrate from CentOS 7.0 to 7.1 in my lab without
losing anything.

Cheers, Patrick