[Pacemaker] Unique clone instance is stopped too early on move

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Fri Apr 17 02:19:42 EDT 2015

17.04.2015 00:48, Andrew Beekhof wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> * Resource action: broker-vips:1   migrate_to on c-pa-0
>> * Pseudo action:   cl-broker-vips_stop_0
>> * Resource action: broker-vips:1   migrate_from on c-pa-1
>> * Resource action: broker-vips:1   stop on c-pa-0
>> * Pseudo action:   cl-broker-vips_stopped_0
>> * Pseudo action:   all_stopped
>> * Pseudo action:   cl-ctdb_start_0
>> * Resource action: ctdb            start on c-pa-1
>> * Pseudo action:   cl-ctdb_running_0
>> * Pseudo action:   cl-broker_start_0
>> * Resource action: ctdb            monitor=10000 on c-pa-1
>> * Resource action: broker          start on c-pa-1
>> * Pseudo action:   cl-broker_running_0
>> * Pseudo action:   cl-broker-vips_start_0
>> * Resource action: broker          monitor=10000 on c-pa-1
>> * Pseudo action:   broker-vips:1_start_0
>> * Pseudo action:   cl-broker-vips_running_0
>> * Resource action: broker-vips:1   monitor=30000 on c-pa-1
>>
>> But, I would say that at least from a human logic PoV the above breaks ordering rule broker-vips-after-broker
>> (cl-broker-vips finished migrating and thus runs on c-pa-1 before cl-broker started there).
>> Technically broker-vips:1_start_0 goes at the right position, but actually resource is "started"
>> in migrate_to/mifrate_from.
>>

>> I also went further and injected a pair of non-clone IPAddr2 resources into the same pe-input, and also enabled migration
>> for them (returning interleave for cl-broker-vips to false and setting ordering score for broker-vips-after-broker back to 0,
>> so all three order constraints are adjacent):
>>
>> clone cl-broker broker \
>>         meta interleave=true target-role=Started
>> clone cl-broker-vips broker-vips \
>>         meta clone-node-max=2 globally-unique=true interleave=false allow-migrate=true resource-stickiness=0 target-role=Started
>> clone cl-ctdb ctdb \
>>         meta interleave=true target-role=Started
>> primitive broker-vip1 IPaddr2 \
>>         params ip=192.168.122.70 cidr_netmask=24 nic=eth0 \
>>         op start interval=0 timeout=20 \
>>         op stop interval=0 timeout=20 \
>>         op monitor interval=30
>> primitive broker-vip2 IPaddr2 \
>>         params ip=192.168.122.71 cidr_netmask=24 nic=eth0 \
>>         op start interval=0 timeout=20 \
>>         op stop interval=0 timeout=20 \
>>         op monitor interval=30
>> colocation broker-with-ctdb inf: cl-broker cl-ctdb
>> colocation broker-vips-with-broker inf: cl-broker-vips cl-broker
>> colocation broker-vip1-with-broker inf: broker-vip1 cl-broker
>> colocation broker-vip2-with-broker inf: broker-vip2 cl-broker
>> colocation broker-vip2-not-with-vip1 -100: broker-vip2 broker-vip1
>> order broker-after-ctdb inf: cl-ctdb cl-broker
>> order broker-vips-after-broker 0: cl-broker cl-broker-vips
>> order broker-vip1-after-broker 0: cl-broker broker-vip1
>> order broker-vip2-after-broker 0: cl-broker broker-vip2
>>
>> For broker-vip2 I see completely different output (compare with broker-vips:1):
>>
>> * Resource action: broker-vips:1   migrate_to on c-pa-0
>
> I just noticed this, since when does IPaddr2 migrate?

I just injected allow_migrate for broker-vip1, broker-vip2 and
broker-vips into the pe_input to test what would pengine do but forgot
to note that (actually cl-broker-vips definition above has it enabled
but broker-vip{1,2} misses that, damn, my fault, it should be there
too). I need to be more accurate.
For g-u clone it doesn't solve the issue btw. But for ordinary resource
it does. That makes me think that migration paths differ for g-u clone
instances.
Actually, implementing (pseudo-)migration in IPaddr2 doesn't seem to be
very complex task.

> Reason I noticed is because broker-vips definitely doesn’t start until the end anymore:
>
>   * Resource action: broker          start on c-pa-1
>   * Pseudo action:   cl-broker_running_0
>   * Pseudo action:   cl-broker-vips_start_0
>   * Resource action: broker          monitor=10000 on c-pa-1
>   * Resource action: broker-vips:1   start on c-pa-1

Actually it is migrated at the very beginning of the transition, and
that seems to be a big issue to me, because it breaks ordering (start
became a pseudo-action, but actual work should be done in migrate_from
which is run before broker start).