[Pacemaker] Force Pacemaker to not monitor resources on a node

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Sep 26 15:40:00 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 12:46:30 +0200 Felix Zachlod
<fz.lists at sis-gmbh.info> wrote:
> I am currently trying to add a third node only for giving a quorum a
> to the cluster in case a servicing node fails. But oviously I can't
> get it right.
<snip>
> This is the message from crm status:
>
> Failed actions:
>      drbd_testdata1:0_monitor_0 (node=storage-voter, call=9, rc=5,
> status=complete): not installed
>
> Can anyone give me a hint how to solve this? As said storage-voter
> will never run any resource although it would be nive if it could
> trigger stonith actions anyway.

Additional to your own findings:

When the cluster is symmetric, the monitor action _will_ be called on
all nodes. The reason is that you told to cluster to be responsible to
run your resource. And also to be responsible that the resource isn't
running where it shouldn't. So it runs the monitor action at least once
on every node to make sure the resource isn't somewhere where it
doesn't belong.

The failure of "not installed" is then exactly what you want to have
there. And its far less critical to get a failed monitor action on the
node where it shouldn't run then when a resource is actually running on
a node where cluster is expecting it and subsequently a start-action
failing on another node.

Have a nice weekend,

Arnold