[Pacemaker] two active-active service processes, but only one vIP

Alex Samad - Yieldbroker Alex.Samad at yieldbroker.com
Sat Sep 6 01:24:22 EDT 2014

Hi

You case seems to be similar to mine.

I have processes (bind, http, squid, etc but not ldap as ldap handles names resolution to multiple ip's).

I have re written ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2 for each service and as part of the monitor and start procedures I also check the application.

Reason I don't use the service as resources is I don't need to squids running on the same box or http or bind's.

I copy /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/IPaddr2 to /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/mine/httpVIP, then added the bits then create a resource, works well.