[Pacemaker] symmetrical ordering flaw for multi-state resources

Latrous, Youssef YLatrous at BroadViewNet.com
Thu Sep 25 14:13:30 EDT 2014

Reposting from few weeks ago as I didn't get any answer yet :-(

I included below the original post and tried to rephrase it in this second one, hoping my concern will be understood.

I tried to use a dummy multi-state RA and have an asymmetrical ordering dependency to another resource (B). While an equivalent ordering to the same resource, but from a regular resource, works just fine, it did not work for the multi-state RA. What I mean by it didn't work is that it stopped the multi-state RA, when the resource (B) was stopped, but the regular resource kept running as expected (and documented in pacemaker)!

Is this a bug in pacemaker or is it known to not work with multi-state RAs? Other possibility, there a different way of using the "symmetrical" option for multi-state RA ordering?

Please, help!

Regards,

Youssef

PS. Below is the original post.