[Pacemaker] Reload named upon failover to 2nd Pacemaker node

Martin Thorpe martinjasonthorpe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 12:06:05 EDT 2014

Hi all

Please forgive me but I am a newbie to Pacemaker and just getting to grips
with it.

I'm currently running a test environment of 2 x CentOS 6.5 x64 nodes both
running Pacemaker 1.1.10-14 and attempting to setup my first service in
named (BIND) which is in a master / slave setup across the two nodes.

I've successfully setup a cluster IP (floating IP) using "crm configure"
but I am struggling with how to define the named service and tell it to
reload on the second node upon failure of the primary node of the two node
test cluster.

The way that I understand it based on one nights reading is I need to
define the monitor interval for the actual service that I want to control
fail over and also a separate definition that declares how the service is
restarted but I am not sure how to do this.

I can failover the cluster IP without issue but the problem is that BIND on
the 2nd node is not listening on this IP when it fails over, so the service
needs to restart at the same time.

Does anyone have an example of how this can be achieved and will go away
and study the elements of the definitions? Once I've done this I want to do
the same for Apache via DRBD.

Note the version of CentOS I am running, therefore I am not using PCS, I am
using CCS to
setup my nodes and CRMSH for the actual resources.

Thanks