[Pacemaker] Multi-state resources and symmetrical ordering

Latrous, Youssef YLatrous at BroadViewNet.com
Fri Sep 19 10:45:53 EDT 2014

Hi,

I was trying to express the following:
   * Configure 3 resources:
      * A: multi-state resource
      * B: another multi-state resource
      * C: regular primitive
   * On startup sequence, when all resources were previously stopped, ensure the following mandatory ordering:
      * A starts, then B
      * A starts, then C
   * After that, if A fails or restarts, do not impact B and C

The docs state that setting the "symmetrical" option to "false" (...symmetrical=false) on the corresponding ordering constraints does the trick.
This works just fine for resource C, but not for resource B.

Is there a restriction I'm not aware of for the multi-state resources with regard to this option? That is the option "symmetrical" doesn't take effect on multi-state resources. Is there something extra that needs to be done/specified for the multi-state resources?

Regards,

Youssef L.

PS. Hope this is the right mailing list for this question. If not, please let me know which one is better suited. Thanks.