[Pacemaker] Avoid monitoring of resources on nodes

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Wed Nov 26 07:04:15 EST 2014

26.11.2014 14:21, Daniel Dehennin wrote:
> Daniel Dehennin <daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org> writes:
>
>>> I'll try find how to make the change directly in XML.
>>
>> Ok, looking at git history this feature seems only available on master
>> branch and not yet released.
>
> I do not have that feature on my pacemaker version.
>
> Does it sounds normal, I have:
>
> - asymmetrical Opt-in cluster[1]
>
> - a group of resources with INFINITY location on a specific node
>
> And the nodes excluded are fenced because of many monitor errors about
> this resource.

Nodes may be fenced because of resource _only_ if resource fails to
stop. I can only guess what exactly happens:
* cluster probes all resource on all nodes (to prevent that you need
feature mentioned by David)
* some of resource probes return something except "not running"
* cluster tries to stop that resources
* stop fails
* node is fenced

You need to locate what exactly resource returns error on probe and fix
that agent (actually you do not use OCF agents but rather upstart jobs
and LSB scripts).

Above is for the case if all nodes have mysql job and both scripts
installed.

If pacemaker decides to fence because one of them is missing - that
should be a bug.